Howard Gontovnick Ph.D (Philosophy)
Psychotherapy & Counselling Services
Specialized Training in; (a partial listing)
- Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler
- Experiential Psychotherapy with Dr. Alvin R. Mahrer (University of Ottawa)
- Adlerian Family Counselling
- Psychopathologies & Integrating Spirituality into Psychotherapy
- Techniques for Grief Therapy & Creative Counseling for the Bereaved.
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy & the Management of Mood Disorders
- Cognitive Therapy for Depression & Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Couples Power Therapy & Resilience As A Treatment Approach to Trauma.
- Brain-Based Psychotherapy & Changing The Anxious Mind
- Process-Experiential Therapy of Forgiveness
Howard Gontovnick, Ph.D. (Philosophy)
I have been practicing psychotherapy / counselling in Laval since the early 1990’s. Thoughout my journey, I have studied three main disciplines – Psychology, Philosophy & Religion. I am intrigued by as to how these disciplines provide insight into who and what we are – more so, what we can be.
It is essential to see things as they really and become mindful of the realities that exist. That is to step out of the usual formatted way of thinking and grasp the potential that resides untapped within. At the same time, it’s essential that we remain open to many ways of thinking and explore the possibilities of how to best engage the world.
Call or write for more information